Grocery stores are full of citrus fruits this time of year. From blood oranges, to clementines, to grapefruits, there are so many ways to get your citrus fix.
Luckily, citrus fruits are bursting with nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, vitamin A, and potassium, so there's no reason not to enjoy your citrus this year! Here are some of our favorite citrus-forward recipes:
- Kale, Clementine, & Feta Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing from Cookie & Kate What a show-stopper, right?! This nourishing salad is packed with fruits, veggies, and healthy fats, making for a filling and nutritious dish. It's naturally gluten free and vegetarian, and it's filled with vitamins and nutrients. Plus that jalapeño, honey, lime dressing sounds delicious.
- Whole Grain Meyer Lemon Scones from Eat Within Your Means Meyer lemons are bright in flavor, making them perfect for baked goods. Usually scones are just filled with empty carbs, butter, and sugar, but these scones are whole grain, completely vegan, and oil free. To make up for the lost richness, Beth uses cashew cream in these scones! We're totally drooling over them.
- Lemony Herb-Loaded Chopped Greek Salad from Pinch of Yum This is the definition of "feel good food!" Lots of healthy veggies, herbs, quinoa, and plant-based protein, this salad has everything. The lemon dressing couldn't be easier; just a simple mix of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. We're loving this as a quick and easy lunch option!
- Grapefruit Green Smoothie from Minimalist Baker Get your citrus fix in the AM with this vibrant green smoothie! It requires a handful of ingredients like grapefruit, spinach, banana, and apple, and it would be the perfect smoothie to split with a friend or a loved one. Try adding some nutrient boosters like protein powder, seeds, or nut butters for some extra nutrients and staying power.
- Creamy Winter Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding with Blood Orange Syrup and Dark Chocolate from How Sweet It Is How's THIS for a decadent breakfast?! It's full of everything you want in a filling breakfast: protein, fruit, healthy fats, and a little chocolate. This is a great make-ahead breakfast, so you can whip up a batch of it during the weekend to munch on throughout the week!